"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Most of a Lily Pad

I've been working on a lily pad to go with the dragonfly.



As you can see, I'm working on the final outline now. However, I won't have time to finish it today, nor will I have time to do a proper post for several days, so I wanted to show you what I have so far. Next time I'll talk more about how I made it.

I also wanted to share a couple of pieces of good news. First, Squijum's fur is finally almost grown back.



You can see that patch is still a little thin, and also the darker color is coming in faster than the lighter color, so his stripes aren't quite as clear there. But at least strangers don't look at him anymore and assume I must be a horrible pet owner. The patches on his legs and belly are also looking better.

Finally, I got an e-mail yesterday from a local lady who would like to learn to tat. We're going to meet up at a coffee shop on Friday for her first lesson. Isn't that exciting?

5 comments:

  1. Squijum, you are looking wicked! Why don’t you get your claws into that round green thing? My human really likes it, but I think it might be a fun nail sharpener - just the right shape and a colour like yummy grass...
    Your pal,
    Gian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love your lily pad and I can tell it will be a wonderful place to land your dragonfly. And happy the cat looks much better. And you tat so well it is wonderful that you get to show someone how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lily pad looks brilliant, can't wait to see it all put together
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature is an endless source of inspiration! Your lily pad is gorgeous. You could turn that design into a doily as well.They say a tiger never loses his stripes!

    ReplyDelete