"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, May 4, 2012

Getting Connected

Here's the next bit of the necklace, with the two plowshares connected by the leafy bit. All that's left is to make the flowery part and add findings.


The green thread is Lizbeth color 676 Leaf Green Dark.

I added more seed beads than the pattern calls for because the leaf beads I used are so wide that they really needed longer picots to hang on. If you make this pattern, be sure and string your leaf beads on the thread so they are all facing the same way.

UPDATE: Just noticed I joined to the wrong rings of the plowshares. I'll have to cut the green part out and re-do it, but it won't take long.

2 comments:

  1. This is turning out very nicely.
    I can't really see where you made the mistake in the join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I joined to the very tips of the plowshares, but I should have joined one ring farther in. This becomes a problem when it comes time to join the flower section, so it definitely has to be re-done.

      Delete