"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Making Progress

Here's another row finished.

I can do this, I know I can. Much as I would like to join in the new TIAS instead, I am going to maintain my focus and work on this until it's finished. And then I won't do another large project for a very long time!

Honestly, it wouldn't even be true to say that I'm tired of this, or bored with it. It's just that I would like to do something else once in a while, and I feel like I can't because I'm on a deadline to finish this. But the truth is that, thankfully, I am still enjoying this. Actually it is kind of nice to have a pattern I don't have to think about; I can watch a movie-- even one with subtitles-- while working on it. But still, I wish it were done. I'd rather work on something that's more of a technical challenge.

In case you're new to my blog or have lost track, this is the Clover Mat by Jon Yusoff, and I'm making a table runner. It's really a nice pattern; because it's made of individual motifs joined together, you can vary the size, shape, and colors any way you want. You can create some very interesting visual patterns with designs like this.

5 comments:

  1. OH...the TIAS take such a little bit of time each day; be really good for a break from the table runner. Having done a large table runner, I enjoyed the little breaks doing a TIAS. I’m encouraging you to go ahead and join in the fun!
    I did my first piece in about five minutes!
    The table runner is going to be beautiful!
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta girl! Your tenacity is admirable - as are your tatting skills! This is a lovely piece.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking awesome! Keep going cuz' I can't wait to see the finished project and you are doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely so far, how much more have you to do, I like the red coming into it, I did wonder when you said about red. You could have a little break for a few minutes and join the Tias not sure what I am doing with it but have done day one.
    I look forward to seeing more of your runner
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I wonder how many reds there will be in the finished mat.

    ReplyDelete