"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Straggler

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta was last week. For some reason I did not see a single balloon all week long. This is highly unusual; most years I see great flocks of them every morning on my way home from work. The fiesta ended yesterday, leaving me highly disappointed to have missed the whole thing.

Then this morning, what to my wondering eyes should appear...

A few pilots always stick around after the official fiesta, so I finally got to see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment