"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Blues

Even the best-behaved kitten will slow your tatting down a bit, so I haven't made quite as much progess as I would have liked on Jon Yusoff's "Clover Mat" placemat. I am halfway done with row 3, though, so here's what I've got:

From this scan, you can get an idea of what the whole thing will look like. (It will be upright; I just have to lay it diagonally to fit on the scanner.) Have I mentioned how much I love Jon's patterns? I really like the way the motifs come together on this one.

Here's a closer view, a bit blurry because it needs blocking and doesn't quite lie flat on the scanner:

I think this view shows the negative spaces a bit better. Did I mention I love Jon's patterns?

5 comments:

  1. That is so very pretty! I also love Jon's patterns. Did I ever mention that I love blue? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda, this is wonderful!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 2 beautiful blues, a knock out pattern, and excellent tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really done a great job on this -- can the next set be mine, please? The blue is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echoing all the others, the blue is so pretty.

    I could not have done it better myself on the mat.

    ReplyDelete