"But, really, why does anyone create? You feel a... a restlessness inside, a need to make something new, something no one has ever seen before. You want to add to the beauty and the richness of the world with a gift, an offering that is uniquely yours. It's an act of selfishness and generosity, all rolled into one."

-- Bruce Coville,
The Last Hunt

Friday, March 19, 2010

New Book

I received my latest order from Handy Hands yesterday. Several new colors of Lizbeth, because if you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I don't have *nearly* enough Lizbeth! Actually, I really did need some of these colors to coordinate with other colors that I already had. Others were just for fun, and you'll see them all in time.

And I also got this:


I wish I could show you the inside of it; there are all kinds of pretty things in here. I'm looking forward to getting started on some of these.

I wanted to show the latest bookmark too, but it took longer than I expected because I had to make an adjustment to the pattern; I had already gotten pretty far when I realized it wasn't going to work, so that was a lot of wasted work. Oh well, it's finished now and on the blocking board, so I'll show it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Handy Hands is a dangerous place! I have this book, and I love it! I haven't made anything from it yet, though.

    ReplyDelete